With the CLMS web site, we hope to provide our students with resources you can use to find out more about what’s happening at school and to expand your world of learning using the Internet.
You’ll find links to things we’re doing at school, like Word Walls and FCAT questions – things to help you be prepared.
Now and then, we will add some articles about how you can reduce academic stress – and how your parents can help you with it. We’ll give information on subjects such as food and nutrition – things to help make you the “complete student.”
We will keep you informed about what’s going on in areas from academics to athletics.
You’ll find links to resources such as information for your Team, Internet resources recommended by your teachers and fun places for learning.
Crystal Lake Middle has a “no tolerance” policy against bullying. We educate students to keep them informed about how to handle bullying situations whether they are the victim or a witness.
The following links will provide more in-depth information for students, as well as, parents to better know how to handle bullying situations.
powered by Google Apps
MyPolkApps is a set of collaboration tools, including email (students only), calendar, document sharing services, and more powered by Google Apps. We think you’ll find the services to be an exciting way to communicate and collaborate with teachers and students!
Click here to login!
Links for Students
PCSB’s School Technology Services department offers the following site with loads of links to great student resources. Links are to all subject areas, including keyboarding, and for multiple grade levels: STS Student Resource Links
The following links are recommended by CLMS teachers and staff for your enjoyment and edification:
- The Fact Monster – Facts and games featuring content for Social Studies, Math and Science
- Britannica Encyclopedia – Huge encyclopedia on-Line
- Roget’s Thesaurus – Find the synonym you’re looking for.
- American Heritage Dictionary – On-line dictionary
- Rhyming Dictionary – Essential tool for poets and rappers
- Encyclopedia Mythica – Everything you ever wanted to know about myths from around the world
- The Library Spot – A gateway to library information
- FunBrain – Educational and fun
- Funschool – Educational Games
- Enchanted Learning – information on many subjects
- Ben’s Guide to US Government
- Go West Across America with Lewis and Clark
- Social Studies for Kids
- A More Perfect Union
- National Geographic
- Presidents of the United States
- The History Channel
- Smithsonian Encyclopedia Online
- Country Studies
- Planet Diary
- Science Daily
- The Cell Cycle
- How Stuff Works
- Units Conversion
- Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- The Smithsonian Institution
- Florida Students Educational Resources for Learning
- Figure This: Math Challenge for Families
- Prentice Hall Math
- Quick Math
- Ask Dr. Math
- Cool Math Sites
- A Plus Math
These links are for educational purposes and not meant as a commercial endorsement.
PCSB Student Resources
The Polk County School Board provides web links with valuable resources for students such as:
- Homework Help
- Kid-Friendly Search Engines
- On-Line Libraries
- College Prep and Scholarships
Florida’s DOE K-12 Statewide Assessment Program
With the Florida standards in place to help Florida students succeed, the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and end-of-course (EOC) subjects (Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry) serves Florida students by measuring education gains and progress. Students, parents/guardians, and educators are encouraged to stay connected to the FSA Portal to receive important announcements and access information and resources as they are available.