The purpose of the Guidance Department is to assist teachers, students and parents to function effectively in the educational program of the school.
The Guidance Department handles the following situations:
- Individual/Group Counseling
- Enrolling New Students
- Staffing ESE Students
- 504 Plans
- Homebound Students
- Distribution of Report Cards
- Maintaining Cumulative Folders
- Student Scheduling
- Transfer of Student Grades for New Enrollees
- Liaison for Elementary and High Schools
- Career Education/Blueprint Specialist
- Bus Routes
- Assistance with Standardized Testing
- Educational Support Groups
- Student Success Skills Training
- Peer Mediation Training and Services
Eunice Johnson-Guidance Counselor
for C.A.S.E Academy, STEAM Academy, VET Academy & E2020 students
Education Specialist University of Detroit
M.A. University of Detroit
B.A. University of Detroit
I believe the children are our future…
I believe each and every child has the potential to bring something unique
and special to the world. I will help children to develop their potential by
believing in them as capable individuals. I will assist children in
discovering who they are, so they can express their own opinions and nurture
their own ideas. I have a vision of a world where people learn to respect,
accept, and embrace the differences between us, as the core of what makes
life so fascinating.
Heather Frier-Guidance Counselor
for CLMS students and ESOL
Guidance and Counseling (PK-12), ESE (K-12), Gifted Endorsement,
Prekindergarten/Primary Education (Age 3-grade 3), Primary Education (Grades
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m Possible”! –
Stephanie Gillen-LEA Facilitator
ESE Certified, 6-9 Math Certification
Masters in Administrative Leadership
I believe the children are our future.
Teach them well and let them lead the way.
Show them all the beauty they possess inside.
Give them a sense of pride.
Let the children’s laughter remind us how we used to be!
The LEA Facilitator:
- Monitors and assures the compliance of IEP completion and reevaluations
- ESE discipline procedures
- Develops, trains and assists staff in implementing programs
- Assists teachers in meeting student needs
- Works with teams in providing the least restrictive environment for learning.
Newsletters & Resources
The following documents (in PDF format) contain valuable, district-approved information for parents, students, and staff members.
District Testing Information
FDOE Commissioner Letter
- FDOE Commissioner Pam Stewart’s letter addressing questions
about statewide, standardized assessments